A Magnetic Drilling Machine is a portable drilling machine with a magnetic base. It uses standard twist drill bits, and some can also be used with annular cutters, milling cutters and other rotary cutters.
A magnetic drill machine is a specialized portable power tool used for drilling holes in steel and similar metals.
- They are used on the job site or in the shop
- Also referred to as a mag drill, portable base drills, portable drill press
- A portable magnetic drill may be used in any position—vertical, horizontal, or overhead
Where is a Magnetic Drilling Machine Used?
- Steel Fabrication
- Building & Construction
- Bridge Rebuilding
- Ship Building
- Truck & Special Vehicle Build
- Pipeline, Offshore & Oil Fields
- Welding Shops
- Power Utilities
- Railroad Industries
- Maintenance Facilities
- Mobile Repair Shops
- Machinery Riggers
Which Mag Drill Do I Select?
The mag drill you select depends upon:
- Diameter of hole
- Depth of hole to be drilled (Depth of Cut)
- Drilling speed requirements
- Number of holes
- Type of material to be drilled